Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Intellectual Atheism

none yet. besides the statement - Bible was written by God through men, which sound a little, I don`t know, stupid, brainless, retarded, amusing, hilarious...

it`s like saying that Dogmas hamster is behind Bush and Iraq! And I can even 'prove' that!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    none yet. besides the statement - Bible was written by God through men, which sound a little, I don`t know, stupid, brainless, retarded, amusing, hilarious...

it`s like saying that Dogmas hamster is behind Bush and Iraq! And I can even 'prove' that!
    That statement was not meant as a proof for the existence of God - it comes after the belief in God.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlfunk View Post
    That statement was not meant as a proof for the existence of God - it comes after the belief in God.
    Why would god use a book to communicate his ideas and the reality of his existence.

If he was our maker why would he not simply show himself to us in our thoughts.

Text, language, Books, are a human invention.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

According to some 'educated' God invented those through men!

And thats valid statement as Jason BELIEVES in it, so its gotta be!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    Why would god use a book to communicate his ideas and the reality of his existence.

If he was our maker why would he not simply show himself to us in our thoughts.

Text, language, Books, are a human invention.

Z
    I believe God shows himself through everything around us, not just books. He's in my friendships, He's communicating his glory through Nature, and He's certainly communicating to me in my life. I never found God by reading the Bible. I only learned about God after finding out about Him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by pron View Post
    I believe God shows himself through everything around us, not just books. He's in my friendships, He's communicating his glory through Nature, and He's certainly communicating to me in my life. I never found God by reading the Bible. I only learned about God after finding out about Him.
    There was a sickness that explains this if I recall right
    CW, TWC/PX, E

There was a sickness that explains this if I recall right
    Its not really a sickness....

But it can be described through psychology.

It is a part of the human condition to understand.

sometimes it can feel so natural when you come to certain agreements with yourself...

Once u come to certain agreements in early life, you can build upon thoese agreements, and certain things are assumed.

this applies not only to the idea of god, but also to the idea of love, and also the fear of loss, and some other things as well.

"I only learned about god after finding out about him"

However Pron might have "discovered" Our Lord Jesus, it must have been a powerful and very real thing. By real I mean real to him, emotional, moving, perhaps having to do with family ties, or friends, or maybe his very life was saved by something great, that he could not explain, and so it was attributed to "god".

I do not mean to pry, or make assumptions, I am only giving an example that my psychology prof used.

This is human nature.

When it comes to something that is a matter of faith... a persons mind is only changed by its own perception... its hard to understand exactly what I mean...

There is no harm in believeing in "god"

as long as u do not use it to harm others.

It is a personal thing, people are mislead al the time and it doesnt hurt them, sometimes not knowing the truth can acctually help a person live a happy life.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    Its not really a sickness....

But it can be described through psychology.

It is a part of the human condition to understand.

sometimes it can feel so natural when you come to certain agreements with yourself...

Once u come to certain agreements in early life, you can build upon thoese agreements, and certain things are assumed.

this applies not only to the idea of god, but also to the idea of love, and also the fear of loss, and some other things as well.

"I only learned about god after finding out about him"

However Pron might have "discovered" Our Lord Jesus, it must have been a powerful and very real thing. By real I mean real to him, emotional, moving, perhaps having to do with family ties, or friends, or maybe his very life was saved by something great, that he could not explain, and so it was attributed to "god".

I do not mean to pry, or make assumptions, I am only giving an example that my psychology prof used.

This is human nature.

When it comes to something that is a matter of faith... a persons mind is only changed by its own perception... its hard to understand exactly what I mean...

There is no harm in believeing in "god"

as long as u do not use it to harm others.

It is a personal thing, people are mislead al the time and it doesnt hurt them, sometimes not knowing the truth can acctually help a person live a happy life.

Z
    However, it seems like your psych prof is assuming that these agreements that can be built up from childhood are created by Humans. My contention would be--who first came up with these ideas? Did some Human someday decide "Hey, I like my neighbor a lot, I think I'll call it love and teach my children to do it too." Or, is it possible that there is an entity that is Love and provided the basis for Humans to understand Love?
    Nevermore.

its what they say: Ignorance is blessing
    CW, TWC/PX, E

its what they say: Ignorance is blessing
    --not a good argument to go against mine. Just a biased opinion.
    Nevermore.