Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Official Foreign Policy Relations - March Set -

Excellent post Beeno. This is exactly the reason that is has been happening. Those of you squawking about it need to copy and paste this post to notepad and keep it on your desktop.

I tried to do what you said Dogma but the only thing that I was able to copy/paste was.........

Quote Originally Posted by BeeNo View Post
    i don't think i'm contributing anything new to the discussion

@ Max: i believe you were one of the main voices who complained about LoR warring random nations for stupid reason or just for fun?

Bascially what Dead is saying if we can't landgrab you and you have what we consider is too much inf, then we will aa you and grab you.

How many Dead states have a ton of SAMs? Because if can't landgrab you and i just missile attack you to lower your readiness and grab who's saying that is wrong? I mean how many units do you want people to use? Its impossible not to go 1 unit at the beginning of the set and be able to compete for the #1 spot. Its not it cost too much resource wise compared to a state who just uses inf or tanks. Because going jets,bombers,sams,missiles isnt feasable to keep your land or get land. However once that top state pulls away i agree they should get defenses up quick. i am one of those players. When im up top i invest highly in SAM's spys and ships once i get ahead but there is no way i could have 3 units upgraded in the first week and still hope for a top finish. I've lost a few sets myself by upgrading too early. I used to be the king of 2nd place finishes due to that reason... and Tnova ofcoarse.

You are expecting impossible measures by players who can net better than you and now you are using inf hoarding as a reason to AA them and start a conflict. LoR has done this too against Sky. this is nothing new. However just remember eventually you will make enough people angry with you and the game will turn against you. Its happened before in the past and history repeats itself.

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

totte Guest

agreed but as with all changes in this game nation wise if your good at diplomacy got the power to uphold your policy you get your way

@Devil That was when I netted. Now I war, so that`s the role I uphold. Same as you do
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    @ Max: i believe you were one of the main voices who complained about LoR warring random nations for stupid reason or just for fun?

Bascially what Dead is saying if we can't landgrab you and you have what we consider is too much inf, then we will aa you and grab you.

How many Dead states have a ton of SAMs? Because if can't landgrab you and i just missile attack you to lower your readiness and grab who's saying that is wrong? I mean how many units do you want people to use? Its impossible not to go 1 unit at the beginning of the set and be able to compete for the #1 spot. Its not it cost too much resource wise compared to a state who just uses inf or tanks. Because going jets,bombers,sams,missiles isnt feasable to keep your land or get land. However once that top state pulls away i agree they should get defenses up quick. i am one of those players. When im up top i invest highly in SAM's spys and ships once i get ahead but there is no way i could have 3 units upgraded in the first week and still hope for a top finish. I've lost a few sets myself by upgrading too early. I used to be the king of 2nd place finishes due to that reason... and Tnova ofcoarse.

You are expecting impossible measures by players who can net better than you and now you are using inf hoarding as a reason to AA them and start a conflict. LoR has done this too against Sky. this is nothing new. However just remember eventually you will make enough people angry with you and the game will turn against you. Its happened before in the past and history repeats itself.
    Fortunately for us we were never really liked to begin with so whats the difference. If I remember correctly the first 7 sets I played this game I was at war 5 of those and we didn't start 4 of them I got sick of turning the other cheek all the time.We are not expecting the impossible I know how the game works I understand the timeline for upgrades. Going other units isn't feasible for keeping land while other are hoarding infantry but if everyone is building balanced states then i guess it comes down to land grabs for more land to produce the units to advance ahead and stay ahead. you can Missile any DEAD state you want to lower readiness and land grab them, you shouldn't need to because they should all be balanced except maybe the new guy which I'll be sending to BT to learn the game better,If your trying to grab a DEAD state the same or lower in networth as you and cant then you have a serious problem. If your talking of missiling a state higher than you in networth then your hoarding missles to hurt a state you shouldnt be attempting to grab to begin with.
    [GRIM]x16[THIK]x2[SC][LOR]

YOU BRING THE RIFLES ILL SUPPLY THE NAPALM
    You should fear my inability to finish number one!
    I will be pissing in Cheerios and Pooping in Oatmeal again next set!!

***Puffs out chest, cracks knuckles, bombers locked and loaded!

Grim LoR was never liked... we united the whole game against us many times for multiple sets. I think if you search in these forums you'll even see threads that maggio used to start prior to the set asking people to stand up against our tryanny. I wont be grabbing Dead states because i havent made a landgrab in ages. One i get out of afghanistan and back to the US thats a different story.

The missiles was just an example. What if i like to use SAM's alot and i can't break a Dead state around my NW? Who is saying im not running a balanced state? Then i see they have no MS defense or very little its practically the same as what you are imposing.

What im telling you though. Spending that few billion to upgrade early on and the 36 turns will put you behind enough where no matter how well you are grabbing you will be too far behind to catch the #1 state. No one starts the set with the goal to finish 2nd. Its all about getting the top spot or your nation member the top spot

I'm just dreaming a reality while crossing a bridge to nowhere

Here is to Backstabbers!... you know who you are

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Grim LoR was never liked... we united the whole game against us many times for multiple sets. I think if you search in these forums you'll even see threads that maggio used to start prior to the set asking people to stand up against our tryanny.
    oh how we've grown old together. i miss those days of conflict.

Its all about strategy. So I upgrade first, you keep hording infantry. YOu start to pull away because being defensless and effecient is more important to you. So while I now have some upgraded ships, and have fallen behind you think your safe because now I can't grab you cause your worried about the bottom line and effeciency. Well guess what, My upgraded ships are now an advantage where you thought they were a hinderance. Cause your several spots above me now and I can with a few turns turn your infantry into stains on the sand. So which method is more effecient. The answer is whichever method is utilized.

Obviously if myself or no one like myself is willing to AA this guy thenhis infantry hording method will be superior.

Stateivine Knights(#37)[] Leader: kanman Rank: 1 Networth:13.352.199

Turns: 62 Turns Taken: 1.061 Turns Stored: 0

Economics
    Population: 6.044.125 Tax Rate: 50%

Science: 1.628 Food: 7.044.370 Money: 510.824.785

Structuring Military
    Commercial Zones: 0
    Residential Zones: 0
    Industrial Zones: 23.951
    Farming Zones: 0
    Science Facilities: 0
    Construction Sites: 235
    Total Land: 24.191
    Free Land: 5

Spies: 447.913 Level:1
    Infantry: 70.818.527 Level:8
    Tanks: 0 Level:1
    Jets: 0 Level:1
    Bombers: 0 Level:1
    SAMs: 183.744 Level:1
    Ships: 301.838 Level:1
    Missiles: 0 Level:0

However, if I use my million level 8 upgraded ships to kill several hundred thousand infantry at a time then I think my method would probably put me ahead of him. Then it of course would come down to nations... but you get the picture.

Its a matter of what the COMMUNITY will allow. If we allow him to protect 70 million infantry with only 300k level 1 ships because he wants to get out in front of us then we are retards for letting him do it.

I'm sick of being a retard.
    Last edited by Rassputtin; 03-05-2012 at 20:28.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand

FYI there is an astounding good chance that all my turns will be used to AA this state tomorrow.

and for the record he isnt the only one, i'm just picking him cause he is in the top spot.
    Last edited by Rassputtin; 03-05-2012 at 20:35.
    I'd take that beer and talk your ear off, just like I type your eyes out

VAL~SH~ELE~GRIM

Total Sets = 10 ~ Suicided On = 2 ~Netting Sets = 2 ~ Warring Sets = 8

Wins = 0 ~ Top 10 = 1 ~ Top 15 = 1 ~ Top 20 = 0 ~ Top 30 = 2 ~ Top 50 = 2 ~ Top 100 = 4

KILLS: 9 ~ [KIHT] ~ [DAK]3 ~ [TNG] ~ [PAIN] ~ [ICN]3 ~ [LOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Who knows, I'm like the drunk relative who wonders around the party with several beers in his hand