Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NW Patriot Act (Suicide / Cheater policy)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    Maggio made it.. did a nice job on it!
    Nice job, MAGGIO!

WLF's Territory
    To many to count x [WLF] - 1 x [www] - 2 x [SLOB] - 1 x [PAIN] - 1 x [UB] - 1 x [NS] - 1 x [SF] - 5 x [USA]

anyway, apart from the blatant Earth look i really like the NW Portal idea and those buttons on top right. i think it would look better if you (Maggio) perhaphs made like 1-2 lines worth of "space" (if you understand what im saying?) between the loggins bit and the bit on top and bellow. space it out a bit more. looks a bit cramped atm.
    Last edited by Divine Intervention; 10-17-2008 at 13:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary View Post
    Pretty sure if Anton wanted to he could have a 15+ person nation every set of decently experienced players.. hell id probably join him every set if he asked jsut because i know that their wont be a bunch of tards in the nation with me

Its infantry or bust for most of the set starting next round.

If I get suicided I can always get rolled back. If I don't like the outcome of something, I'll arrange a 'suicide' and get my turns and state back.

I am starting to find massive massive flaws in this rollback thing...

Im all for everything except the rollbacks.

if there was some way to prove... then fine...

But... example: (as bright said)

I am in rank #2, I want to SA #1 rank... I save my turns and build Jets, or w/e I think will allow me to get the SA, I do it all perfectly, and my calc says i can break, but I have a chance of looseing.

I SA, I get a defeat.

I call my buddy or relative in another town, country, state w/e, and say do me a fav. Suicide my state.

I get a rollback?

And I can try again or just Net and try again later in the set...?

I know its sinister... but people are ****ed.

I think no rollbacks is the best.

just deleete the state.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

nice rule!
    VaLoR-RoMe[vT][SLOB]

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    I am starting to find massive massive flaws in this rollback thing...

Im all for everything except the rollbacks.

if there was some way to prove... then fine...

But... example: (as bright said)

I am in rank #2, I want to SA #1 rank... I save my turns and build Jets, or w/e I think will allow me to get the SA, I do it all perfectly, and my calc says i can break, but I have a chance of looseing.

I SA, I get a defeat.

I call my buddy or relative in another town, country, state w/e, and say do me a fav. Suicide my state.

I get a rollback?

And I can try again or just Net and try again later in the set...?

I know its sinister... but people are ****ed.

I think no rollbacks is the best.

just deleete the state.

Z
    You would just be rolled back to after the SA fool

i think he said rollback sometimes didnt he? Not everytime?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoebawt View Post
    You would just be rolled back to after the SA fool

IF and i say IF a roll back does happen, your state gets rolled back to the last backup right before the suicide. Backups are done every hour.

I guess i need to really make this whole roll back things more clear.. It is NOT going to happen as often as you think it will. In fact i wouldn't even bet on them happening to many times.. Basically it is an option that the admins have if they choose to use it. I know some of you are going to be sending messages requesting them, but it's a slim chance you'll get it..

When a suicide happens, we will look closely into things. if it is 100% clear that it's a suicide then you have a shot at getting a roll back.. This will not be used for anyone's advantage..

We have set up the terrorist listing, the colored name for the terrorist state, and the deletion of the suiciding state.. This alone should help prevent some cases.. It's all fun when nobody knew who you were, but now that everyone can see who it was, well it might not be as fun.

And AGAIN let me say, this is just a starting point. It's not perfect but as we move forward we will get a better understanding of things.. Maybe we drop the roll backs, maybe we increase them. Maybe we come up with something different.. Who knows.. All this is a starting point..

"You counted on America to be passive... You counted Wrong!"

Crimson Shadow Guest

I too am very strongly against rollbacks. A person can only suicide 3 times until they are banned forever, so I dont think we need rollbacks.

EDIT: Mr P beat me to the post button

Default clarification.

when you said suicide is

"Someone who destroys someone else for no reason or logical/stratigical gain."

does this mean if i have a logical or stratigical gain from doing the act, it would not be considered a suicide? ^_^