Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Intellectual Atheism

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlfunk View Post
    Can you give examples of this morality in Animal culture?

God giving humans iniate knowledge of morality does not mean that they follow it. They just know when they break it.

You are close in your understanding of Jesus' death. It's basically acknowledging that on your own effort, you cannot be perfect, and that it is only through an act of God that you can be restored to him. Jesus' death on the cross, however it accomplished it, was the act that God used to restore humans back to himself. The only way to be rescued from your sins is to give up trying yourself, and fall into the open arms of God.

We are talking about moral knowledge - people know they are doing wrong when they break laws and go to jail.

So the reason people don't cheat on their wives is because you'll annoy her? Hm. No - I don't think so.

While I disagree with you that people are born atheists (I'd like to see your reasons for thinking this though), I think that the burden of proof does lie with the theist from an intellectual standpoint. Your position, while wrong, is a rational one.

LMAO I rest my case.

Jason you really do your best to take away all that is beautiful and special about having FAITH.

all u need is your own personal faith. why would you speak in public about something that is personal?

You are crushing faith.

God is a concept from another plane of existance.

You people are trying to help Jason, I understand that, but he is not your family... he is not your Love (I hope, )

so why keep all this up?

he is clearly blinded,

You can not have an intervention with text.

U cant teach an experienced warrior to stop thinking about war.

Just like u can not teach an experienced religious zealot to stop trying to convince others that god exists.|

Its a matter of psychology

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

if the existence of God is proven, who in the hell said its the Christan/Jewish/Muslim one? how do you not know that Zeus, Aries, Diana, Ra, Apollo, Venus, Hecate, or Isis is real? or that they are all real? just because God can be proven, doesnt mean that it proves that only your god is real
    Nation Wars-
    You have killed Tequilla in a beer bottle(#10)
    You have killed i see your bones(#321)
    You have killed NXL Media(#332)
    You have killed King Ali(#272)
    You have killed Best Worrior hunts Worst Boys(#344)

50k+ land destroyed in LD and AR's

[05:35] я ằ Ғ (F) ●◦я&Ŀ◦● I can barely count to 12, but I can multiply 45: does food defends me against AAs?
    [05:35] я ằ Ғ (F) ●◦я&Ŀ◦● I can barely count to 12, but I can multiply 45: cuz if not...

Quote Originally Posted by SmarT View Post
    if the existence of God is proven, who in the hell said its the Christan/Jewish/Muslim one? how do you not know that Zeus, Aries, Diana, Ra, Apollo, Venus, Hecate, or Isis is real? or that they are all real? just because God can be proven, doesnt mean that it proves that only your god is real
    Who's said they're not in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    Jason you really do your best to take away all that is beautiful and special about having FAITH.

all u need is your own personal faith. why would you speak in public about something that is personal?

You are crushing faith.
    Faith is not something that is to remain personal. My faith is strengthened by others' faith, and vice versa. That's why there should be communities of believers who share with those around them--Ecclessia.

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    God is a concept from another plane of existance.
    Who manifested him/herself into this plane of existence to reconcile what went wrong.

You people are trying to help Jason, I understand that, but he is not your family... he is not your Love (I hope, )

so why keep all this up?
    He's my family

he is clearly blinded,

You can not have an intervention with text.
    He's only blinded by your standards. Who made you judge, jury, and executioner? And is this kind of talk living the "life of love" that you've called for in these forums?

U cant teach an experienced warrior to stop thinking about war.

Just like u can not teach an experienced religious zealot to stop trying to convince others that god exists.|

Its a matter of psychology

Z
    I believe the original post, and original intention of this thread was not for Jason to convince others that God exists. It was merely to ask what the atheists believe and why. Everyone else turned it into a thread about God existing.
    Nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by SmarT
    i cant fidn where it says pan is dead in the bible, its during the time frame of jesus rising in one of the gospels i believe
    If you could find that in the next few days, I'd still be interested in looking at it.
    Nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaphew View Post
    Not I! I am an atheist and I voiced my opinion on why he does not exist.
    I just panned back through the topic and didn't find you before this page . Maybe it was in a different topic? Or I might've missed it.

Could you quote it for me?
    Nevermore.

I agree that perhaps some of my words are harsh. But it frustrates me about religion.

Its like making a thread to ask about why and how people believe that grass is green.

It is what it is, we come to this conclusion through our senses as humans.

Why do we not believe in something that we do not sense?

because we do not sense it.

I am not sure how faith can be shared.

Your thoughts are your own. Each of us lives on earth as a living thing in isolation, and we live in our own minds.

It is impossible to share your mind with someone.

Maybe something very different happens after death, But I am not sure, because I do not know.

I will not pretend to know for any reason.

I know I have denied the existance of "god" but honestly I just do NOT KNOW.

The reasons I battle the concept of god is because it seems to be pressed upon me.

I am a good person. I do not hurt people, I build, share, love the best I can.

If god exists the way u claim he does...

Then I know when I die, god is not going to judge me on some "words" that I said in my life. Words are meaningless.

He will care if I did good things. He will not care if i worship him.

he will accept me to "heaven" weather or not I deny the holy spirit with my words and thoughts.

Blah, its christians that acctually push me away... Make the word "god" a negative thing!

Blah!

God is love.

God is not anger, or judgement or fear.

God is light, energy and love.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlfunk View Post
    There are many many non-biblical arguments for the existence of God, and probably 10 or so that I think are valid and true. I plan on giving some lectures on campus this semester explaining 5 of them. Pretty soon here I will being prepping for them and will post the essay version of my lectures.

Also - please stop with the personal attacks. They are getting tedious.
    Well, gotta explain it somehow!
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

It comes down to this- so called 'God' is a symbolic manifestation of Christianity!

Sorry all the miss-believers! Gotta hurt when you see but can`t accept the truth.

And I still haven`t seen any evidence about Gods existance. And Jasons 10 points-in-void don`t count
    CW, TWC/PX, E

USA(x), Deli, DOOM, GRIM/DEAD(x), EURO, SLOB(x), LoR, ABT(x), CR(x), RE

Quote Originally Posted by Max Logan View Post
    It comes down to this- so called 'God' is a symbolic manifestation of Christianity!

Sorry all the miss-believers! Gotta hurt when you see but can`t accept the truth.

And I still haven`t seen any evidence about Gods existance. And Jasons 10 points-in-void don`t count
    I would readily admit that I have given any proofs for God's existence in this thread.