Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
I think Obama should win, I like the fact the he wants to take social responsibilities to a federal level, and that he wants to drawn troops out of Iraq.

McCain was a POW for 5 years. and we are going to trust him as prez?

Hillary, spot on by others, Evil.

Z
One of the top Obama advisers had reported to Obama that we would need to stay in Iraq for much longer and that there is no way we can pull out as soon as he is elected. Granted that report was never meant to be released of viewed by others, but it was. These guys are fighting to get in the White House so they are going to say anything. and seeing the war is the publics main concern, they will tell us what we want to hear. But you know as well as i do that we will not be leaving there anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGGIO View Post
I dont dissagree, but if it were a popularity contest then AL Gore would be the president right now, and we most likely would be better off. (Al Gore won the popular vote when he went vs GWB 8 years ago)
I wish it was popularity instead of electoral votes. But honestly, if Al Gore was president we would not be better off then we are now. 9/11 would still have happened and all Al would have done was send over a few rockets and blow up some empty buildings. Al has done a good enough job running around scaring everyone to pieces about global warming. I'm all for cleaning up our act, but lets really face it. The climate does what it wants regardless of what we do. Can we say Ice Age? That happened long before our time. And what happened to all that snow and ice? IT MELTED! cause the earth changes. And i believe in time the earth will make man extinct. Unless we do it first.

Scare tactics work wonders when presented the right way. look through history, you can see just how many times it has happened. Heck, read todays paper and watch how many times the "terror alert" changes.. up, down, up, down ect ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeonic View Post
Wait, where's the relevance of that? He was shot down and captured during Vietnam, and you're going to hold that against him? If anything, he's the only one with military experience. And I'd imagine, with regard to all of the torture stuff, he would have more right to talk about it than the others.
Mr McCain deserves respect for many reasons. His service to our country. His time as a POW (which i can't even imagine what that was like) and his service to our country as a politician. For all those, i respect him. Doesn't mean i have to like him or agree with everything he says. But i will say out of all of them, i think he is being the most honest. He is telling it like it is. He is not saying oh i'll pull the troops out tomorrow at 11:00am. He is saying we have to take it day by day and go from there. It's war, and in war things change in a second.

Either way America is going to be the bad guy here. If we stay, then we are bad, if we leave then we are bad cause we went in and destroyed a country and then left without helping it get on it's feat.

If the dang media would gives us BOTH sides of the story sometimes then people could see that there are many good things that came out of this. But instead they spin it like they want it and only tells us all the bad stuff.

Do i agree that we went into Iraq? hmmm i would have liked to get Bin Laden first. I do think that was more important. And yes Saddam had to go.
Call it what you want, but until one of us lived under a regime like that then we have no idea what it was like. We all have the freedom and the luxury to sit here and explain our points of views and what we feel is right or wrong. If they did they died... PERIOD!