View Poll Results: Who will win the US presidential Election?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton

0 0%
  • Barack Obama

11 44.00%
  • John McCain

14 56.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Election

I generally don't fall into party lines, but from what I have seen, the Democratic candidates want to get in power strictly to get in power. They both say that they will do this and that for the peolple of this country, when in reality, they don't care about what the people need, or if theydo, there is very little they can actually do. The game of the political process (ie elections in this country)has been perverted to more of a popularity contest than a process to pick the best candidate. It is all about personal power.

The best way to corrupt a politician is to elect them.

I think Obama should win, I like the fact the he wants to take social responsibilities to a federal level, and that he wants to drawn troops out of Iraq.

McCain was a POW for 5 years. and we are going to trust him as prez?

Hillary, spot on by others, Evil.

Z

[WLF] = the greatest nation ever to exisit, in any game, in any universe, of all time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    I generally don't fall into party lines, but from what I have seen, the Democratic candidates want to get in power strictly to get in power. They both say that they will do this and that for the peolple of this country, when in reality, they don't care about what the people need, or if theydo, there is very little they can actually do. The game of the political process (ie elections in this country)has been perverted to more of a popularity contest than a process to pick the best candidate. It is all about personal power.

The best way to corrupt a politician is to elect them.
    I dont dissagree, but if it were a popularity contest then AL Gore would be the president right now, and we most likely would be better off. (Al Gore won the popular vote when he went vs GWB 8 years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Shadow View Post
    Bush can't run because he is serving his 2nd term. In American politics you are only allowed to serve 2 terms consecutively then you must sit out 4 years before you can run again.
    This rule is valid in all democratic countries, if any country would choose to give his president a 3rd try, most likely other nations would intervene, which was a hot subject in Russia couple of moths ago. These numbers(year) could be different(usually 4-6) but 2 terms in a row is maximum.
    But did you know that in Switzerland, a new President is elected every year, although the election system is totally different.

I think Obama is the best you can get through the elimination of other candidates - Hillary - just not appropriate and McCain is too f'ing old, he owes to Death..

Quote Originally Posted by LandDragon View Post
    This rule is valid in all democratic countries, if any country would choose to give his president a 3rd try, most likely other nations would intervene, which was a hot subject in Russia couple of moths ago. These numbers(year) could be different(usually 4-6) but 2 terms in a row is maximum.
    But did you know that in Switzerland, a new President is elected every year, although the election system is totally different.

I think Obama is the best you can get through the elimination of other candidates - Hillary - just not appropriate and McCain is too f'ing old, he owes to Death..
    I didnt knew that. Is there any international agreement on this one, and when they made it?
    We had Urho Kekkonen as our president from 1956-1981, four terms totally.

Switzerland has quite different political system, true (and its the oldest democracy there is) and its pretty interesting too. Its made from 26 states (called cantons) and in my understanding they are way more independent (and have more rights) than other nations states. And i like that idea, local governing.

Anyways, i'm guessing Obama (enough for republicans for a while and for the Hillary, are you serious??). I'm also hoping for obama as this point, cause Ron Paul is out
    All i can say: U stupid americans: first you votes gwb for your pres for 2 terms, and then u didnt even do your remission by voting rp as follower!

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    McCain was a POW for 5 years. and we are going to trust him as prez?
    Wait, where's the relevance of that? He was shot down and captured during Vietnam, and you're going to hold that against him? If anything, he's the only one with military experience. And I'd imagine, with regard to all of the torture stuff, he would have more right to talk about it than the others.
    Last edited by Zeonic; 04-10-2008 at 15:40. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by LandDragon View Post

This isn't true in the UK. As far as I'm aware a PM can serve as many terms as he likes (assuming he's reelected)

Missionary Guest

well in the UK its the party thats elected and the leader of that party becomes the PM. just like when Tony Blaire stood down as leader of the labour party gordon brown took over and became PM. although gordon brown is a tosser and needs shooting. conservatives are going to win the next election, if they dont im moving to canada .

neways, with the US election, which ever is the stupidist one will win. seems to be the way .

The First Lady Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr President View Post
    i have to give him credit, the man could deliver a speech pretty well.

I vote Mr P for president...talk about delivering good speeches

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    well in the UK its the party thats elected and the leader of that party becomes the PM. just like when Tony Blaire stood down as leader of the labour party gordon brown took over and became PM. although gordon brown is a tosser and needs shooting. conservatives are going to win the next election, if they dont im moving to canada .

neways, with the US election, which ever is the stupidist one will win. seems to be the way .
    Yes, the British and Canadian systems are very similar. Vote for the party, not the PM. This way, the PM gets more power to work with. Unlike the US, where the Democrats may control the Senate and HOuse, while they have a republican president.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnova
    Hmmmm, well, I was speaking on a person to person basis, since you are one of my favorite people in the game.
    - Lost and Desolated -

WoW | [CW][E][ELE][FW][TNR][Dak][FED][SSC][xPJx][HuuF][LoR][TWC][PX][Horde][EURO][Royals][TE][USA][ExELDx][SH][VAL]
    NW | [USA][GRIM][DEAD][ABT][SLOB][AIUR][LoR][TG][xELDx][TEEF][UFS][bro][FEDx][XF][ICN][LoUB][TE][GIAA][Hades][Pasta][GGG]